Special Education Advocate

Advocating for students with disabilities in the Denver Metro Area 

Children with disabilities are entitled to a free appropriate public education (FAPE). Whether your child is currently receiving special education services, has a disability protected under Section 504 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act, or has an unidentified disability, there are support services available.

Section 504: What rights do children have when they have a disability but do not need special education support? Section 504 is a powerful civil rights law that protects people with disabilities and requires reasonable accommodations.


Special Education: What do you do when your child has an individualized education plan (IEP) and is not getting the services that they need?  Your child is entitled to an appropriate education and, as parents, you are legally entitled to be a partner in developing your child’s plan.

Struggling Students: What about the child who is struggling in school for some unknown reason? Difficulty learning or having trouble getting along with others can have many causes but sometimes it is a symptom of an underlying disability.

Our children have the legal right to get the educational services and support that they need to be prepared for their future. 

For more information call: Dawn Lee, Special Education Advocate in Denver (303) 507-7600 

 Email: dmlee57@msn.com


Special Education Advocate Picture